Friday, February 08, 2013

no bento

When Seth started kindergarten, I made a conscientious effort to not use plastic bags with lunch/snack, and I bet I have used less than ten in the whole time he's been in elementary school.  Amelia eats lunch at school four days a week this year, and Seth usually buys lunch two or three days a week.  I bought them both bento boxes last summer.  Amelia will use hers if her lunch is something like boiled eggs, celery with peanut butter, ie no sandwich.  Seth doesn't like his, even after Nathan made the latch a little easier for a kid to open.  Oh, how I wish they liked their bento boxes.  This is one day's lunch and snack containers:

What?  Don't like my dirty dishes?  I really wanted to post the day-3 picture of my broken toe, but I realize not all of you are members of the medical community, and therefore don't really want to see the remarkable amount of color that a third of a foot can possess when a person has a low baseline platelet level.  It didn't even hurt that bad!  I'm going to try to run on it for the first time tomorrow (maybe)...wish me luck!

No comments: