Saturday, February 02, 2013
gross
Which leads me to my next story. That evening, I was talking to my mom while starting to cook dinner. I opened the drawer to find my spatula has been shaved down. I naturally accused Amelia of using the grater on it, but she kept denying it. I heard Nathan pull into the garage and passed the inquisition over to him. Amelia is still denying it. And then I find droppings IN THE DRAWER. We had a mouse! Yuck. So I took everything out of the drawers (three of the four had evidence of having a visitor, if you know what I mean). I shocked everything in Clorox, and it found a new home on the dining room table for the next two weeks. The next morning I called the exterminator, because this isn't the garage, it was IN MY CABINETS. The guy who came Thursday found holes between the crawl space and the kitchen. He told me my options and told me his office manager would call me bright and early Friday morning. By noon on Friday I could wait no longer, and I called her. The guy who came Friday filled a hole from the crawl space to the exterior, did whatever exterminators do under the house, set traps, and then inspected the whole house. By Saturday morning, we had caught the perpetrator. Nathan took care of it, and then I deep cleaned the whole kitchen. We set another trap, and never caught anything else, so luckily, it was a solo operation. I still waited a few days (okay, ten) to put the utensils, silverware, and pans back in their normal places. YUCK. I have a new-dislike for mice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment