The kids went back to school on the 2nd. I spent the morning running all those errands I couldn't run during the break, and was rushed getting back to pick up Amelia. Another mom said, "Amelia told me what happened to her forehead." Huh? "The stitches?" "She doesn't have stitches!" Later in the afternoon, Parry told me how Amelia had pulled her headband across her forehead and lied straight-faced to four moms that she needed stitches from doing a "difficult yoga move". Great.
Friday I was at a book club at Seth's school, and I asked guidance counselors how I should be dealing with this...her acting, because that's what it is. They loaned me a book about not telling whoppers, and it really helped. Now we say she's pretending to do such-and-such. In fact, mid-month at her parent-teacher conference at school, the only negative thing they were going to ask was how I wanted them to deal with the fibs at school, but they said she had not done it again since the stitches incident.
Our community center has lots of summer camp options. I think Amelia will be doing a week of theater this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment