Sunday, February 03, 2013

dress up days

Lots going on at preschool, as always.  The first Friday back, the kids were supposed to bring in a "wonderful Christmas present" (letter of the week=W).  Amelia brought in her dream light, and wore the dress Uncle B bought her in Ghana:

The next Friday the kids went "ice skating" on paper plates in the gym and drank hot chocolate afterwards.  They were supposed to wear hats and mittens:
The following week was "N is for Nocturnal", and on Friday the kids wore their pajamas to school and brought sleeping bags, pillows, and loveys.
(Her hair has extra body because she slept in foam rollers the night before, as practice for another dress up day coming in February!) Last week they learned all about books, and Friday they had a book character parade.  Amelia wanted to be Alice in Wonderland.  I tried to talk her into something easier (on me), but she wasn't having it.  I found the apron at Hobby Lobby for $2.40.  I bought an adult t-shirt for $2.60, and found an online tutorial on how to turn it into a dress.  It took me close to six hours, but it didn't fall apart when she wore it.  I added a bow to a headband and voila, Alice:

No comments: