Update: "Smells Like Teen Spirit" was number one...of course it was, it always is on countdowns like that. Reminds me of eighth grade homeroom...in Rochester, our version of grunge was stealing our dad's flannels from the prior year, ha! (maybe I can find a picture of that...)
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Ten years from now, we'll be humiliating our children...
Last night Nathan went to the Wake game with coworkers, and when he got home, I had just started watching VH1's Greatest 100 of the 90's, starting with number 59 or something like that. Nathan and I are only six weeks apart, so really, our teenage (and therefore music-heavy) years spanned that entire decade. Wow, it's a huge difference from 1991 to 1999. For me, the music falls into three distinct categories: Kellogg days, Cary High, and L-R. We had a GREAT time laying in bed singing along to the music, either in appreciation or parody. And we realized we are going to embarrass the heck out of our kids someday, because if we still remember the words to this stuff now, we're probably not going to forget them. Ha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have been watching that too!! Wes and I love singing along and laughing at what we "used" to like!!
happy holidays! miss you guys!
mm
Post a Comment