Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Into the third...

...trimester, that is. Somehow we are doing a good job of keeping track of what week it is, but other than that, pregnancy doesn't come up a whole lot in conversation at home (and no, she doesn't have a name yet). Up until recently I didn't even really feel pregnant, I would kind of get a shock when I looked in the bathroom mirror. Little girl is definitely not breech this week, I am feeling all sorts of kicks and flips that I never felt with Seth. And two nights ago I realized I needed to alter how I get out of bed for those late night potty breaks. I am way more stuffy this time, too, but that may have more to do with time of year than anything else. Nathan had me start wearing BreatheRight strips last week, and it is amazing how much better I feel in the morning...amazing what a little extra O2 will do for a person!

I really enjoyed my long stretch off of work last week, and didn't mind when it was time to go back on Monday. Saturday we went to play with the cousins for a little while. Seth is borrowing Evan's old convertible crib, so we brought that back with us. By 8:30 Sunday morning, Seth had a new bed and the crib is now in the baby's room. It looks so strange having pink sheets!!! Seth loves his new bed, he knows the crib is for baby. Her room is also being used for temporary holiday storage, so we'll do more once all the Christmas stuff goes back in the attic.

Sunday was a great day for Nathan's teams...Nathan and I went to the Wake Forest basketball game versus Bucknell. I got pretty sad at the pre-game ritual, we were facing Skip's banner, and then they do a slideshow of Wake basketball over the past 100 years, I was very sad to see him on that. But the Deacs won, and we had great (free) seats. Wake Forest also played in the soccer championship that afternoon, and won for the first time ever (and my first Cary math teacher's son scored the winning goal!) We then found out the Panthers won a home game, AND Nathan won the playoff round of his fantasy football team and he'll be in the Super Bowl for that this weekend. (woo-woo)

Since the last time I wrote, Seth cut three of his four 2-year-old molars (finally!). He had a runny nose, and when he let me investigate, I was surprised to find the top two through. The bottom one popped through last weekend, still waiting for #4 to make its appearance. Two word phrases are going really well, Seth will sing up storm when in the mood, and I'm pretty sure he said a couple three word phrases tonight, including "I love you", but I want to be sure before I get too excited. His newest quirk is now Floppy Dog and Michael's cow get to pick out a book at naptime and bedtime, too...we usually read three books, so I guess the only real difference is that Floppy gets "That's not my puppy", Cow gets "Time for Bed" and then Seth picks out his book, and the whole process is a big (but cute) production.

Oh, his baby-sitters (they are sisters), gave him an Aquadoodle for Christmas and I'm sure he has already gotten their money's worth out of it. He spends long periods laying on the floor "coloring" without us having to worry about a mess! It is a great thing for 2-year-olds!

No comments: