It's Christmas morning, and my boys are still asleep, so I thought I'd get what's happened so far down before it becomes a ridiculously long post after the festivities are over. I had to work this past weekend, so the boys left Friday afternoon for a weekend of celebrating in Kings Mountain. Nathan and his dad went to the Bobcats game, and Seth had a date with his Grandma. Saturday the Johnstons joined them, and they did Christmas Sunday morning.

I thoroughly enjoyed having my boys home for Christmas Eve. We had a lazy day yesterday, we spent most of the morning playing Dr. Seth with his new Sesame Street doctor kit from Aunt Elise and Uncle Chad. Yesterday evening was the 5pm Children's Christmas Eve service. We have never been able to go to church here during the holidays, either I work, we're out of town, or we're sick. Seth is too much a creature of habit. The hallway was dark, but Seth wanted to go to the nursery. We went to show him it was closed, and low and behold, the attendant (who he loves) was there. MELTDOWN when we tried to leave. I think he would have been okay if he'd seen all the kids in church, but we couldn't get him near the narthex. So we dropped him off, and I went and picked him up about 10 minutes into the service, and he did fine after that. It was a play, and a family with a new little one played the Holy Family. Bet you didn't know this...baby Jesus had a bink, and it was a green soothie just like we use at the hospital! Ha!
We teased Seth all the way home about whether he should be able to open presents last night (and yes, felt like our parents in the process) and Seth ran upstairs pointing to his chest yelling "MINE!" and went straight for his big present from us. The rest of the evening was some-assembly-required, with Nathan putting together the train table, and me trying to do the accessories and the track. All with a little boy anxiously watching our progress. After two hours he had the train up and running, and it took a LONG time to convince him he should go to bed. I'm kind of surprised he has actually slept in this morning (but on that note, he's getting up...)

I thoroughly enjoyed having my boys home for Christmas Eve. We had a lazy day yesterday, we spent most of the morning playing Dr. Seth with his new Sesame Street doctor kit from Aunt Elise and Uncle Chad. Yesterday evening was the 5pm Children's Christmas Eve service. We have never been able to go to church here during the holidays, either I work, we're out of town, or we're sick. Seth is too much a creature of habit. The hallway was dark, but Seth wanted to go to the nursery. We went to show him it was closed, and low and behold, the attendant (who he loves) was there. MELTDOWN when we tried to leave. I think he would have been okay if he'd seen all the kids in church, but we couldn't get him near the narthex. So we dropped him off, and I went and picked him up about 10 minutes into the service, and he did fine after that. It was a play, and a family with a new little one played the Holy Family. Bet you didn't know this...baby Jesus had a bink, and it was a green soothie just like we use at the hospital! Ha!
We teased Seth all the way home about whether he should be able to open presents last night (and yes, felt like our parents in the process) and Seth ran upstairs pointing to his chest yelling "MINE!" and went straight for his big present from us. The rest of the evening was some-assembly-required, with Nathan putting together the train table, and me trying to do the accessories and the track. All with a little boy anxiously watching our progress. After two hours he had the train up and running, and it took a LONG time to convince him he should go to bed. I'm kind of surprised he has actually slept in this morning (but on that note, he's getting up...)
No comments:
Post a Comment