Back in February, I got an evite inviting me to do the Delta Zeta Turtle Trot 5k at Appalachian State University (Minnesota family, I guarantee you're not pronouncing one of those words right as you read this in your heads). I jokingly said we should do it, and then kind of backed out, because it hasn't been the nicest spring Boone has ever had. The week of the race, I reconsidered after checking out the forecast. Friday evening Amelia and I drove up for a sleepover, and Marie and Will joined us. The weather ended up being better than we expected, and the race was literally across the parking lot. Everybody came down to watch the run, and entertained themselves on the greenway during the race.
Willie and Millie had a great time getting some 5-year-olds-only time together. Marie and I felt horrible during our runs, and figured out later that we hadn't accounted for the significant change in altitude. Still good times though, just couldn't breathe!Marie had to leave right after the race, but Amelia and I headed to the outlet mall on our way home and found some good deals for spring. For the first time ever, she tried to pick out her own clothes, in a head-to-toe matching outfit from Gymboree. I should have bought it, but it wasn't on sale, so I just couldn't do it! Not when the sale racks were an additional 40% off sale price that day! So today she looked like Cyndi Lauper going to school. So what?





No comments:
Post a Comment