I didn't make many resolutions this year, it being a kind of "keep doing what you're doing" type of year. I did tell myself I was NOT going to buy any books this year, because I moved at least three banker's boxes of unread books here last summer, and Nathan's mom had been passing lots of books along. That lasted until January 2nd, when I went to pick up a book for Seth at the library, and they were having a buy one, get one free book sale in the lobby. Came home hanging my head, four new books in hand. Nobody thought it was as bad as I did, and I had done pretty well until one day Amelia needed an umbrella for preschool. Found three Diary of a Wimpy Kid books for Seth at the consignment store when I was buying the umbrella. (Those don't count.) My next stop was the library to pick up yet another book for Seth, and darn it if I didn't walk out with four more:
We went to the library after school on Monday to pick up another Oz book and I came home with four more! And the worst part was, I didn't have any cash so I had to write a check!Tomorrow morning is the spring book sale at the senior center. I'm going. Hardcovers for $1 and trade paperbacks for 50cents are too good to pass up!
DWTS needs to be over soon so I can get more reading done!
No comments:
Post a Comment