Friday, May 17, 2013

clearing out

We've been cleaning out all the leaves and years of pine straw out of all the flowerbeds, trying to see what we have to work with.  This particular corner had a lot of viney groundcover that was starting to get out of control by mid-April.  Nathan tore all that out and we planted a couple rose bushes.  They we cut down five smaller trees that were on the outside of the fence, trying to let as much light in as possible.  I tidied up the vines on that section of fence, and by the end of the weekend, it looked like this:
Nathan has since taken out the section of vines between the two trees, and we both like it better that way.  It's actually honeysuckle, and for right now we're leaving it on the other parts of the fence.  I have big plans for the right side of the gate next spring...I already know which trees are going to go...timber!

ps-This picture is at least 3 weeks old...our grass looks a lot better now.

No comments: