Sunday, May 06, 2007

My lucky day!

For the first time in over a year, I was cancelled from work! Yea! It was extra time, so I really didn't want to go in, and now I have a four-day weekend instead of only one day off. This morning we went to Tanglewood to show Seth's new favorite playground to Nathan. Seth spent an hour playing hard, and barely could keep his eyes open for his PB&J. After a big nap, we took a walk and then Seth colored while I fixed dinner. This evening he was "trying" to do a sudoku puzzle. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what he figures out how to do this week. So I exaggerate a little bit, but the boy loves puzzles. Nathan had a funny story from Friday night: The batteries are dying on Seth's birds attached to his bed. If we forget to turn them on, you'll hear Seth turning them on over the monitor. Well, Friday night Seth would hit it, the machine would play some sorry notes, then silence, then SMACK, some sorry notes...repeat, repeat, until Seth hollered and when Nathan went up to check on him Seth was in a wad about the birds not working. Nathan told him it was broken and he was okay with that, but he is very particular about having things JUST SO, so hopefully we can hold out for our Friday Target run for new batteries. Seth has more playdates in the works this week, including a shopping trip with Cami and Jake, two separate visits with Landon and Case, and a trip to see his cousins again next weekend. Lucky kid!










No comments: