Wednesday, May 23, 2007

IOP

It's hard to believe a week ago we were on our way to Charleston. More specifically, Isle of Palms. Seth woke up last Wednesday with green goop coming out his eyes and nose. Convinced the doctor would give him something this time, we made a last minute trip to the pediatrician. Diagnosis: one and one-half ear infections. Filled the prescription and we were on our way. He looked pitiful, but he was in really good spirits that day. Our condo was perfect for what we needed for the weekend. After everyone got settled (Nathan's parents and Marie's family had condos on the same floor), we had carry-out pizza. We had decided that each family would make breakfast one morning, and that worked out great. The guys went golfing Thursday morning. We went to the pool/beach with the boys. This is a picture from the pool trip: We had all commented on what a dreary beach morning it was. We started smelling smoke later once we came in, only to find out the wildfires in Georgia were responsible. I was hoarse by mid-afternoon, and still have a cough today. I just had to take the next picture...Seth wanted Ryan's float, but he didn't want to use it in the big pool...here he is in the baby pool using the float.
Thursday Marie and I got to shop sans kids at the outlet mall, then we met the rest of the crew out for dinner. We found some great deals! Friday was a beautiful day (lucky for us the winds shifted). Elise and Chad came over and had some beach time with us.


I don't know what it is about the beach, but every day after about an hour Seth would go in the beach bag, take out his bink, lay down on a blanket and fall asleep. Friday he woke up towards the end of his nap and crawled in Marie's lap to catch another 30 minutes.
Friday night we went to downtown Charleston with the Johnstons. We ate at A.W. Shucks and had a really nice dinner. The boys were really good, especially when you consider that Nathan ordered two dozen steamed oysters that he had to shuck himself, and that took forever. We went down to the water for a little bit until the bugs started to get us. Here's a good picture of Evan and Ryan:


Saturday was another beach morning. Seth took almost a four hour nap that day. I guess he was catching up on all the sleep he missed the week before (I'm glad one of us did!) That evening we went to Goose Creek to Chad and Elise's house. Chad graduated from Charleston School of Law Saturday, so Elise had a party for him. It was very nice! Sunday we had an uneventful ride home. I've worked the last two days, so today I'm finally starting to catch up with things around here.




No comments: