Monday, July 16, 2012

oh, the mess

After months of keeping the house clean, we decided to live a little this weekend.  Friday night Amelia brought down all her dress up clothes and all her stuffed animals, and we didn't say a word.  By lunch on Sunday, the arts and crafts been had been dusted off in the basement and you couldn't see the kitchen table or any of the counter space.  Amelia wore no less than a dozen outfits on Sunday alone.  And then we watched our neighbors' daughters for two hours, resulting in the inability to find the floor in Amelia's room.  I'm afraid leaving the house "show ready" all the time has made me a little bit AR about the kitchen.  I got up early this morning and got it back ship-shape.  Poor Seth asked for the vacuum for his room, and now Amelia is cleaning hers.  There has got to be some sort of happy medium...I'm sure we'll find it again someday.

No comments: