Monday, July 23, 2012

hair we go again!

Well, it wouldn't be summer without some sort of unnecessary calamity, right?  Wednesday night I left the kids watching a movie on the couch and went up to the guest room for no more than 10 minutes.  I met Amelia in the hallway, where she said,  "Mom, I need to go to Great Clips tomorrow", and I noticed this:
"What have you done????!!!!???"
"I was trying to cut the brown out, because your brown hair is ugly."

It was not a nice evening.  In the morning, I washed and dried it, and decided there was nothing they could do at the hair  salon to fix it.  We made an emergency trip to Walmart and bought 10 stretchy headbands in a variety of colors, and I will not let her leave the house without one.

It was like a combo of the "last straw" with Seth (when he painted his room in poop), and when he told me I was not a match because I didn't have blond hair.  Now my only hope is that it grows really fast so we can get a little touch-up done before preschool starts in September!

No comments: