Monday, March 01, 2010

ladybug picnic

one two three...
four five six...
seven eight nine...
ten eleven twelve...
...and they all played games at the ladybug picnic...

Saturday we had a ladybug picnic to celebrate Amelia's second birthday.  Thursday afternoon, I baked goodies for party favors.  If you didn't look at them too closely, they turned out pretty good for a first try, if I do say so myself!  Friday I baked and decorated the cake.
We had picnic food for lunch, and I set out a checkered tablecloth on the living room floor, where most of the big boys chose to sit.  Here is Amelia eating lunch with Kaitlyn and Will:
Amelia was pretty camera-shy Saturday, but my dad did get one good picture:
Actually, this is a really good picture, considering she was very startled when we started singing "Happy Birthday" to her and started crying and jumped in Nathan's lap.  Present time was kind of insane, but Amelia is loving all her new, big girl stuff!
Seriously can't believe she's two.  It has gone by so fast!

2 comments:

Herbert Household said...

Sara,
Just absolutely love all of your baking..the ladybug oreos..i need to know how to do those..might have to steal your ideas for Sophie's 1st b-day.

Leslie said...

I love the goodies--they are so cute!