Tuesday, March 02, 2010
$150 of gas
After Amelia's party, some of the family hung around to watch the Wake-UNC game. Post-game, Nathan left for a run, and Seth started acting really weird. The kids had had a touch of a stomach bug earlier in the week, so I thought it had resurfaced. Bathroom breaks didn't help, and Seth just couldn't get comfortable. His stomach was tender, and he just didn't look good or act right. When Seth is sick, he is a WWB (like a lot of guys I know), so this was atypical behavior for him. All I knew was that he was in pain and nothing I was doing would fix it. So at 5pm, Seth and I headed to the emergency room, with him howling in the backseat. When we got to the ED, his blood pressure was higher than mine ever has been, even pregnant. The resident ruled out appendicitis, which was my main concern, as well as the other big belly worries. They thought it could have been intussusception that corrected itself by the time they took his x-rays (ever been to the ER on a weekend at shift change?). The working theory at our house is that he had a big ol' gas bubble...if you had been with him the twenty-four hours after we got home, you'd agree with us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment