Monday, May 12, 2008

special day for the Mayse girls

I hope everyone had a happy Mother's Day! Ours was very special, because not only did we get to see both our moms, Amelia was baptized. My original plan was to have it in June, then we could have a combination Amelia's baptism/Seth's birthday bash. We recently found out that our pastor is retiring on June 1st, so we moved the baptism up. Luckily our parents, the Johnstons, and Lisa and Michael could still come. Amelia wore an Old Navy dress; I had Lisa's long, traditional dress, but Amelia hated having her legs covered like that the times we tried it on, and I figured it wasn't worth having an unhappy baby all through church. Amelia was a very good girl for the baptism and the rest of the service. We all came home for lunch together.

Mommy and Amelia...
Another family picture (can you believe it?)
Lisa and Michael are Amelia's godparents. They are pros...they have one other godchild together, and Michael has another one in Ohio!


No comments: