Thursday, May 08, 2008

Busy Daddy!

Nathan has had a crazy week at work, not only is it requiring long hours out of him, they couldn't make up their mind about whether they wanted to send him to NYC to do some work or not. Now they say he's going next week. I'll believe it when he actually gets on a plane. So the kids and I have been left to entertain ourselves (and we all know I'm not as cool as Daddy). We were able to go on twice daily walks the beginning of the week, that helped. Monday we had Seth's gym class, and Tuesday we went to a surprise 30th birthday party for Lonnie and Lottie (this picture is from April, it's the best picture I have of them), which was awesome.

Wednesday the kids and I made a long day trip to Cary. I had originally planned to go while Nathan was gone, but after Nathan's business trip was rescheduled, Seth was REALLY disappointed and he needed a haircut, so we still went. The highlight of the trip was that I got a refresher course in how to use a Singer (I haven't used a sewing machine since 7th grade Home Ec) and I am very proud of the soft book I made. I think I did a pretty good job. The sewing machine the boys gave me for Christmas is still in the closet, but now I think I'll be brave enough to use it! Today we made a Target run, and this evening we met with our pastor about Amelia's baptism. I don't know how we'll fill the day tomorrow, but we'll think of something!

Amelia has started doing two cute things this week: she loves to look at books. If you hold one in front of her and turn the pages, she coos and goos for each page (takes after her mama!). Also, when she wants to let you know she's hungry, she starts smacking on her hand as loud as she can. It's not sucking to pacify herself, it's "hey lady, I'm going to chew my arm off here!" How dramatic!

Seth is having a growth spurt. He's done really well with not having as much daddy time this week, but I think the fact that Pops played hooky and worked from home during our Cary visit helped. Seth has been asking to snuggle Amelia more, and she just loves it. The picture is from this morning when we were reading books.

1 comment:

Ruth Anne Adams said...

Happy Birthday to L&L! They gave my girls such good care almost 5 years ago.