Monday, September 29, 2014

Bridge Run 2014

This year I did my favorite race again, the Bridge Run 10k in Charleston.  This time I switched it up a little bit, and made it a girls' weekend with my BFF Stephanie.  (Celebrating 30 years of friendship!)  

Sunset from Patriot's Point on Friday
 Early morning selfie:
 Chad met us at the hotel, and we walked to the starting line.  Sunrise over Shem Creek:
Chad is way faster than me, so we didn't see him at the finish because he had to go to Brian's tee-ball game.  The nice part about it being girl time is that we could linger at Marion Square, eat fruit, try Chia Pods, get misty at a proposal, and watch a free Edwin McCain concert:
 This is the mass of humanity we were a part of.  I'm pretty sure we were cut out of the picture on the left side:
 Crazy thing...we registered the same day, separately, and were assigned race numbers one apart.  Another crazy thing...we finished so close together that we actually could find each other at the finish line.  And the craziest thing...I talked one of the race photographers into taking a posed picture, AND it turned out okay, AND I paid $20 for it!
We had a great time!  We need to make it an annual thing!

No comments: