There is an updated version of an old carol being sung at our house:
"Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree,
You're really made of plastic.
Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree,
Now the boys will breathe fantastic"
After the holidays last year, I bought an artificial tree. It moved with us, and on December 1st we pulled it out of our storage closet and it was up in under 10 minutes. I got a great deal on the tree, but by adding the storage bag, I guess it cost about what a tree would from the lot. So next year we'll start reaping the rewards of no longer having that expense. This year we are reaping the rewards of Nathan being able to breathe well! It's a pretty tree, with lots of room underneath for presents. All our other holiday decor found homes around the house, and so far we have refrained from purchasing anything new. I wrapped the paintings in the "fancy room" with holiday paper. We're eating off the holiday dishes I found last year at the consignment shop (that matched the starter set Lisa gave us the year we were married). It's been unseasonably warm lately, but the inside of our house is festive!
No comments:
Post a Comment