Way back in April or May, I signed up to do the Color Run 5k at Charlotte Motor Speedway with some former coworkers. Our group shrunk dramatically due to pregnancies and other commitments, but I met Cathy and one of her friends for a very fun morning. Here I am pre-race:
I have been running consistently this fall, so I ran like it was any other day, which was very hard to do, because most people were walking the course. I look this picture as soon as the first color station came into sight. This picture is deceiving...this was the most uphill 5k I think I have ever done!You really don't get a lot of color on you during the race. You get it at the post-race color festival:
It's just colored corn starch, and allegedly harmless. Here are Cathy and I on our way back to the car:
Yes, my teeth were blue. It doesn't look too bad, but when I got home and removed the headband and saw what my skin normally looked like, you could tell a huge difference. I didn't get all the color off in the first shower, and I kind of had goth girl eyes all day. It was so much fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment