Saturday, June 09, 2012

rising second grader

 
It's official; Seth has two years of elementary school under his belt.  It's been a year full of lots of unexpected changes, but he has done well.  He has been forced to "go with the flow", which is definitely not one of his strong suits.  I am amazed at his little brain.  He has aced almost every spelling test, which have included challenge words like "organism" and "hospitality".  He is a math whiz and reads ahead of grade level.  I can tell he works quickly because there are always little doodles (mostly of Angry Birds) on the backs of his worksheets.  He has made a good buddy and has learned to ignore the "rough kids" whose behavior bothered him so bad at the beginning of the year.  School ended on Thursday, and I'm so excited to have Seth around all the time!  

No comments: