Monday, June 25, 2012

divide and conquer

Thursday morning we hopped a boat back to Magic Kingdom.  Seth REALLY wanted to ride roller coasters, and Amelia REALLY did not.  So Nathan and I decided we'd split up, checking in with each other every hour or so, and it worked out perfectly every single time.  Plus the park opened at 8am, so we had an extra hour to play. 
While the boys started out with the Barnstormer, we started out with the carousel...
We met up with the boys for a little bit, rode two rides and saw a show (all by 9am), and then they headed off to ride Splash Mountain, and we walked right on to "It's a Small World" and then waited in line for about 45 minutes to meet Merida, the princess in the new movie, Brave. Amelia was completely content to people watch while we waited.  After having a snack together as a family, the boys were off to ride Thunder Mountain and Amelia and I waited about 20 minutes to meet Tiana.  A little more restless this time, Amelia played with my phone, and I found these gems later in the day:
Amelia and Tiana had a really nice conversation, and one part I overheard was, "Amelias do not kiss frogs!"
We met up with the boys again for a while, and after lunch we went our separate ways one last time so the boys could ride Space Mountain and we could meet Rapunzel.  We waited in line for an hour to meet her, and it was hot as heck, but the girls in front of us in line were Disney employees at the park on their day off, and they held our place for us so I could buy us some water.  I think that was exactly how Amelia wanted to spend her day.  

Here are pictures from the boys' morning.  After Splash Mountain:
Space Mountain was closed on their first attempt to ride, so they rode the Toy Story ride instead (while we were waiting in line for Rapunzel):
The boys came back and we were still in line for Rapnnzel.  I sent them over to get fast passes to meet Mickey, and Nathan came back with this picture. Showoffs!  Walked right up and met Mary Poppins!



No comments: