Friday, June 01, 2012

Amelia's first week of summer

Last Friday, I picked up a very sad girl from preschool.  I did not expect the amount of tears shed by Amelia after her last day.  The long weekend was exactly what we needed to recharge our batteries.  I decided Tuesday we would spend a quiet day at home after an early trip to the Y.  Bad idea.  It was nearly impossible to get anything done.  Wednesday, we went to the pool prior to swim practice.  Amelia was playing in the shallow end with Seth, got out a little farther than she was comfortable with, and panicked.  I jumped in and gave her a push so she could swim to the side.  When she grabbed onto the ladder, she said, "Hey, Mom!  You're not wussy anymore!  You got in the water!"  Did I just get tricked?  Thursday while we were at the Y, she invited all her friends for a lunch date at Chik-fil-a.  And then she refused to eat until her friends got there, which of course they didn't, because none of the mommies had been consulted!  Luckily we have a busy weekend ahead of us and two long playdates already on the calendar for next week.  We'll blink twice and Seth will be out of school!  (Hopefully that makes things better and not worse!)

No comments: