Tuesday, August 02, 2011

swim team banquet

Saturday night the swim team had a nice potluck dinner at the shelter followed by this year's awards.  It was hot, but it was fun!  Each swimmer earned some sort of superlative.  Seth's was the "best critic award".  Once he learned how to dive was able to consistently get his body in the pool in the following order:  arms-head-body-legs, he began commenting on his teammates' dives ("That wasn't a dive, that was a bellyflop.") 
Coach Abby asked to have her picture taken with Seth.  She is a college student and she loves her some Seth!  Every time Seth had a meltdown about some injustice he suffered from a teammate (which seemed to happen about once a week), by the time I made it across the pool, she was carrying him and offering him something from the snack shack.  Mean ol' mommy usually said no.  We want the tears to go away, not encourage them!

Seth loved his first summer on the swim team.  I'm sure he'll want to do it again next year.  As of last night, Nathan and I are officially in charge of something pool-related for next summer.  It's pretty hard to fly under the radar when you wow all the coaches and board members at City Meet!  I knew it was just a matter of time before we were helping in some capacity.  We both enjoy it, so it's no big deal!

No comments: