Sunday, June 06, 2010

Charity Chase 2010

Nathan ran his first half marathon on Saturday.  Why anyone would choose to run a half marathon in Hickory is beyond me, but 600 people joined him (and $40,000 was raised for local charities).  Those roads were Nathan's old cross country stomping grounds, but it has been a long time since he has run on them.  The kids were still playing with their cousins, so I decided I'd go to the bagel bakery for old times' sake, and then I went on campus, where I could see Nathan go by at mile 10.  Lisa and Michael were there for Synod Assembly, so I had company.  If Nathan does this next year, I may just stay downtown.  The runners go through downtown on their way to LR, plus there was a nice farmers market and music:
Nathan did really good, especially since he's been focusing on triathlon training, and not half-marathon training.
I picked up the kids while Nathan got cleaned up and we headed back home.  Nathan took a much-deserved nap after lunch, and the kids and I spent two hours at the pool.  Nathan watched Avatar, I worked on continuing ed, and we still have one day left of our weekend! 

No comments: