Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Calling All Vikings!

Nathan took Seth to see How to Train Your Dragon this spring and ever since then, Seth wanted that to be his party theme.  Bye-bye, easy Lego idea.  Maybe next year.  I had to order a lot of supplies online, and when I started looking up cake ideas, I came across a template to make this:
It was actually the easiest cake I have made to date.  The cake only used one box of mix, so I was afraid it wouldn't be enough...we were expecting a LOT of kids (and parents).  I saw a cute idea for Viking cupcakes:
Saturday morning, Nathan and I headed to Seth's favorite playground early to stake out a spot.  The kids played, and we had pizza delivered.  Another thing Seth REALLY wanted for his party was a pinata.  He spent a long time last week stuffing that bad boy until he could not shove one more piece of candy inside.  The daddies rigged up a system over the swings, and the kids took a whack at it.  Next time, we will bring something stronger than a plastic bat!
After all the kids had two tries, some of the daddies helped things along and then Seth finished the job:
Seth requested the "Cha-Cha-Cha" version of the Happy Birthday song:
We gave all the kids little Viking hats, and I made braids for the ladies.  They loved them!
Other than a little more of a breeze, we couldn't have asked for a better day.  Seth had a fantastic time celebrating with his friends and family!

No comments: