Update to family history and new picture added!
In years past, I have probably used "LRC Homecoming 200-" for my titles; however, Lenoir-Rhyne is now a university, and I just can't quite get myself to say "LRU". As I've mentioned before, we have a lot of alum on Nathan's side of the family. Here is your official geneology lesson. Nathan's PawPaw, Dorus Huss, went to LR (and so did his brother and sister). Both Nathan's mom, Sarah, and her sister, Margaret, went to LR at the same time as one of their first cousins and met their husbands there. Margaret and Tony's sons did not go to LR, but one of their wives (Suzanne) did. Their daughter, Mary Margaret, did (her husband did not). Now to the Mayses. Marie, Nathan, and Elise all went to LR. So did Eric and I. And Elise met Chad during a semester in DC, so if it weren't for LR, they wouldn't have met. The Jacksons have four grandchildren and the Mayses have six, so we may currently have one of the most bountiful family trees in recent LR history. So Homecoming is really just a family reunion...bonus that we get to see old college friends as well! And have I ever mentioned that the kids like playing with their cousins?
Will getting in some snuggle time with Brian:
We don't usually actually go to the game, but if we did, this trip to the bear would have been right before halftime. The five oldest grandkids channeled their inner monkeys all day...if they weren't climbing the bear, they were trying to climb one of the trees nearest our tailgate. But they were very good, considering naptime just didn't happen!
Earlier in the day, Amelia was afraid of the bear, but she was a tough cookie when she was playing with the big boys!
I'm fairly certain there are better pictures floating around on other cameras, I'll post/link others later if I find any!
Amelia, me, Tiff, and the chillest little guy you'll ever meet as we were closing up shop:
No comments:
Post a Comment