Saturday, January 19, 2008

A little more ready than we were last week...

Everyone always says you don't have time to focus on pregnancy #2 because you're too busy chasing around child #1. Stir in the fact that I don't HATE being pregnant this time and that Nathan and I don't see each other for 2-3 day stretches frequently due to my work schedule, time has really flown this time around. I had an uneventful check-up Monday (well, pregnancy-wise was uneventful, the doctor's truancy and rudeness didn't sit well with a certain pregnant lady, gotta love those hormones!) Wednesday was my baby shower. For all the Midwesterners who check this...Southerners LOVE to have wedding/baby showers, and they don't care how many times they've happened before. And my coworkers LOVE to buy baby clothes. Lucky me! Mom, Lisa, Marie, and Will were able to come, and Nathan stopped by on his lunch break (more to see Will than anything else). Second baby syndrome already: I know for a fact there were five cameras there, but somehow we only managed to take a handful of pictures. Oops! My coworkers spoiled us...we are going to have a well-dressed little girl! They also surprised me by going together on one big item...the Joovy Ultralight Sit-n-Stand stroller. It has only taken a couple spins around the main level, but I'm sure we're going to love it. Seth wants to take it out for a spin NOW, but I think I'd look pretty silly walking around with the front seat empty...
My mom brought over my old dresser when she came for the shower, but I haven't cleaned it yet, or started washing baby clothes (though I do have the detergent), so things have been piling up in the crib.
Her curtains came Friday, so those are now up. I know technically I have a lot of time left, but everyone I know seems to be having their babies a little early. Today I went to my former boss's baby shower, only to find out she had a surprise c-section/appendectomy Thursday at 35 weeks! She came to her shower on a two-hour pass from the hospital! I'm hoping that means that I am sure to go later, rather than sooner...but my bag will be packed soon just in case!

1 comment:

Ruth Anne Adams said...

A different type of detergent? Why not try the flavorless from Kirkland? It's awesome, smells only 'fresh' and is good for everyone. Who has time to do much more laundry than that?

I, too, had a Southern second shower over my resistance. But, given that there were twins of a different sex the second go 'round, I acquiesced. My Southern friends said basically, "who are you to tell us how much affection we can bestow on you?"

I'm jealous of anyone who goes past 26 weeks, you must know.