Last year Seth's school's field day was in early June, and it had to be stopped early due to extremely hot temperatures. The principal made field day earlier this year, so it wouldn't distract from end-of-grade testing. Yesterday morning it was in the mid-50s, with a 30% chance of rain. I arrived an hour into field day and it looked like the kids were having a blast. I watched three stations, and then Seth's class was at the "pit stop", where they had a water break and played pictionary with the art teacher. I looked up and saw some ominous clouds, and the next thing I know, the PE teacher is cancelling field day due to thunder in the area. We barely got the class inside before the clouds opened up. The kids had popsicles in the classroom, but then it was back to learning at usual for Seth, although I hear some classes played games in their room the rest of the time. Seth was pretty bummed, because the next station for him would have been the bounce houses. Lucky for him, both the Y and the village of Clemmons are hosting events tomorrow that have bounce houses!
No comments:
Post a Comment