Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I've missed my lunch buddy!

Over the summer, the thing that struck me the most about Seth going off to kindergarten was that he wouldn't be home for lunch.  For five years, he had been my lunch buddy every day, minus a few lunch bunches.  Eating with only Amelia just isn't the same, but I have slowly gotten used to the post-lunch routine.  Seth's class went to the book fair right before lunch today.  I made arrangements for Amelia to go home with a buddy, so I could help Seth shop (although it might have been better if I had just sent him $20, sheesh!  Mommy was a sucker!).  And then I stayed for lunch.  I brought us sandwiches from Panera, and Seth bought us drinks from the cafeteria (he usually only buys lunch once a week, but the lunch ladies know him by name, I'm impressed!)  We had a nice little lunch date, my buddy and me!

1 comment:

Nanook said...

Your comments triggered a memory -
By this time in his kindergarten career, I may still have been walking with Mike to and from school, and it was only half a day, so he was home for lunch. By spring, he was completely comfortable on his own, so we waited at home to have lunch. One day, he and his best K buddy were late, and later, and later - almost an hour had gone by, and I was beside myself. He showed up, all nonchalant and happy - he and Brian had gone 'exploring' and found this "mountain" to play on several blocks away! (He probably still remembers that day, too.)