Thursday, November 04, 2010

Green Acres

...Cary style.  Last week was a crazy week.  I had car trouble.  We had 36 hours of on-and-off tornado warnings.  In fact, the schools in our county were locked-down Wednesday, and I had to wait an extra hour to go pick Seth up.  We slept in the basement two nights in a row.  Wednesday night, Nathan left for his annual golf trip.  Thursday was the last day of Seth's first quarter of school.  After I picked him up, we headed to Cary, because why stay home if we don't have to?  We had a quiet morning Friday, saving up our energy for this:
There is a 1.5 acre corn maze minutes from my parents' house.  We had to check it out. 
 The maze had ten card-punch stations, and lots of dead ends to tease us:
The website said to allow for an hour in the maze.  We are awesome.  We did it in just over 30 minutes.  Well, we didn't find the stations in order, but we did find all ten stations, and we did it before the kids got bored, double success!
There were lots of other things to do.  I let the kids ride the ponies, they "milked" a wooden cow, tested their strength with sledgehammers, and bounced away in a bounce house.  Here we are at the top of a stack of haybales.  I give up trying to get them to look at the camera.

I think this will have to become an annual trip!

No comments: