Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Baby crack: Found!

Amelia has never really been into TV. I guess she just sees it as background noise. She has started showing interest in Baby Einstein DVDs, better known as "baby crack" to the parents whose kids watch them. We had four DVDs for Seth, and I remember him watching them while I pumped, so obviously, he became an addict at a younger age. Lately, I've only been able to find one of our DVDs. Everybody but Amelia was getting tired of water water everywhere. I had even started to hit up friends whose kids were getting a little bit older, seeing if I could take their copies off their hands. Amelia hasn't been very patient on car trips recently, and we relied heavily on Baby Neptune this past weekend. While driving back, Nathan had an idea. Last night he lifted up the flat screen TV, and lo and behold, there were all three Einstein videos, as well as Finding Nemo and three other of Seth's faves. To celebrate, we sat down and watched Baby Macdonald as a family. Amelia learned the words "cow", "moo", "baa", and "mole" (as in the one on Nathan's cheek...she's been into body parts lately).

1 comment:

Ruth Anne Adams said...

If you need gently used copies, of this and some others, feel free to email me.