Tuesday, June 12, 2007

No reserves

I guess it was too much activity last week for poor little Seth. He had a temp and runny nose over the weekend, but was still playful, so we played the molar card for awhile. But the temp spikes kept getting higher, and by the time I got home last night we were doing the 104+F thing. This morning all he wanted to do was lay in my bed and moan. That warranted a doctor's visit in my book. Classic Seth with an ear infection (although May was an abnormal presentation). Both ears looked "terrible" according to his pediatrician. He was so listless during his appointment that the doctor recommended a shot of antibiotic. It has really helped, although now he has a sore leg, because it was really thick. Tomorrow he starts 10 days of an oral dose. Hopefully we have no reactions this time. Seth has lost a third of a pound again, but I guess that figures since he hasn't eatenwell since Sunday morning. I'm hoping for a summer reprieve from the ear infections so I can try to plump him up a little bit or at least build up some reserves, so every germ we come across in Clemmons doesn't result in double ear infections. Since it is only his third this year, she said it was too early to discuss tubes. Next time I see my favorite ENT at work I'm going to start asking questions. I spent the day washing linens and stuffed animals (don't ask) and got into a good book while Seth took a long nap. Now Seth is helping his daddy cheer for the Spurs while I have some power-down time. I don't work again until Monday (I was supposed to work today but I HAD to stay home with Seth after that shot) and don't really have anything planned until the weekend...maybe Seth will be up to a pool trip later in the week.

No comments: