Monday, January 22, 2007

TA-DA!







Our mattress and boxspring came Saturday right before I had to leave for work and voila! we have a master bedroom now! Nathan and I made up the bed, and I made a stop to get pillows on my way into work. When I got home from work, my kid was upstairs, the dog was in her bed, and my husband was in dreamland in our new bed. He even brought my booklight down and put it on my nightstand! How nice! You know me, I like to pinch pennies, but I got a great deal on sheets and Nathan and I had found the comforter at an after-Christmas sale. I felt like I was staying at a nice hotel, everything was so comfy. (Mind you we've had the same set of sheets for our now guest-bed for over 5 years, and our comforter has been without stuffing for at least 3, possibly 4 years....I told you I pinch pennies!) And Seth slept all night, so no treks upstairs. Flash forward to last night...I come up the stairs to find the dimmer lights on in our room, Nathan snoring, and Seth asleep on my side in the bed with his butt up in the air at a seemingly uncomfortable position. I did not choose to see how roomy our new king was with Seth in the middle and carried him back upstairs. Hope this doesn't become part of the nightly routine!

1 comment:

Ruth Anne Adams said...

The next thing to add is the 4 inch memory foam as a topper. Believe me, you'll sleep better than ever before. Really affordable at Overstock.com.

It might be a really good Valentine's present.