Friday, March 15, 2013

snowy birthday

My mom got a nice birthday surprise this year...big, white, fluffy snowflakes that didn't mess up the roads!  The kids and I went to Cary on Friday night, and I got a text from Nathan, "Did you know it's supposed to snow tomorrow?"  Um, no.  Then in the morning, Nathan says it's snowing at home, by 10am, it was snowing in Cary.  This is what we encountered on our trip to the bird store:
We headed back home mid-afternoon, and half the drive was on wet roads with some sort of precipitation falling from the sky (it's wasn't rain, it wasn't snow, it wasn't sleet, it wasn't ice, just some sort of mist...).  The second half was on dry roads, and I even saw a bit of blue sky here and there.  We made it home at about 4:40.  Stay tuned for how we spent our evening!

No comments: