Thursday, October 25, 2012

You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown!

On Sunday the kids and I ventured into the big city to see our first play.  I had received an email earlier in the week with a code for half off tickets, which was all it took to twist my arm.  We decided to go during the Panthers game.  I figured this way, the worst thing they'd probably hear was, "good grief".  My bad.  They said the word that rhymes with "oo-pid" four times, which to my kids is way worse than anything that they might hear yelled at the TV during a game.  (It just sounds bad coming out of kids' mouths, you know?  I'm going to try to keep that word out of their vocabulary as long as I can.)  We had general admission seats, and to my delight, there wasn't a bad seat in the house:
The show was fantastic, and the ninety minutes flew by.  I'm glad I didn't pick the other show that was in town this weekend.  Unbeknownst to me, it had come to Amelia's school earlier in the week.  She told me all about it when she saw the poster advertising it.
After the show, the kids played around the library for a little bit.  Hopefully we'll be able to make a show next month, too!  (Come on, half price tickets! You know I love a deal!)



No comments: