Thursday, October 06, 2011

Amelia's rest time

Amelia never gets sick, and when she does, it's not your run-of-the-mill ear infection.  She and I spent much of last Wednesday on the couch, she with a fever, and I was just trying to recover from the trip.  Thursday she woke up complaining of a sore throat, although she no longer had a temp.  I thought it might be strep, but she ended up having a virus that gave her a mouthful of blisters.  She was MISERABLE.  She didn't talk for two days.  I couldn't get anything but Sprite through a straw in her on Thursday.  Friday we added chicken noodle soup, broth and noodles separated.  We opted to still go with Nathan to Pinehurst for his race Friday night, but stayed in the hotel the whole time.  Saturday morning we spent an hour at the hotel's buffet, because she would eat scrambled eggs, tiny bite by tiny bite, but then she refused lunch.  Once we got home again, she ate through a whole box (I'm not kidding) of Cinnabon Cream of Wheat.  She was scared to eat anything else.

Sunday afternoon she went upstairs for quiet time.  She was playing in her room about 45 minutes into it.  I came up to the computer to do some work, and when I walked back by, I didn't see her.
I thought she was playing with her dollhouse.  I was wrong.  Her body finally won.  This is where I found her:
She either got too hot or got a crink in her neck, because she moved back into her bed and took a three hour nap.  Germs stay away! 

No comments: