Monday, March 31, 2008

the early bird catches the worm...

Amelia had her first bottle over the weekend. I'm hoping to start stockpiling milk for convenience, and let Nathan do a bottle every other evening for right now. She made slow work of the the first half of the bottle... ...but Seth wanted to help, and after that she gulped the rest right now! (You can tell by location that Nathan is an old pro.)
Seth walked in on me pumping, and was even more horrified of that than he initially was about breastfeeding...guess if I don't get it done before he gets up in the morning, that will be Thomas video time (somehow he has never watched a Thomas video before Sunday...he has been glued to his train table the past four days, we found the videos on PBS Sprout on demand and he loved them.)

Amelia's belly post bottle...I think we've had a growth spurt this past week!

Seth has decided he's too big for naps...in the past week he has only taken two. He will willingly go up to his room, but most days he just plays until I come get him. He doesn't beg to come out, so I'm not complaining. Simultaneously, there has been a huge change in the quality of his play; I have to think that they are related. He did this Friday morning while I was checking email...
I bought him a Dollar Store 25-piece Mickey Mouse Clubhouse puzzle and gave it to him Saturday night...it had been a rainy day and we'd been stuck inside. I had to help him a little bit with it, by last night he was doing it by himself! He's always loved puzzles, but I was amazed that he mastered it so quickly. (I will be buying the entire collection next time I run in there...hours of intellectual play for $1? You can't beat that!)
Amelia has started to show a cranky side (especially when tired and in the evenings), and we've been up with the chickens the past two days. She slept the day away yesterday, so I'm not going to complain about a 4:45am wake-up call, it could have been so much worse!




No comments: